When is Durban Heat vs Jozi Stars taking place? Tuesday 10th December, 2019 – 15:30 (UK)
Where is Durban Heat vs Jozi Stars taking place? Kingsmead, Durban
What is the expected weather for Durban Heat vs Jozi Stars? 21c with a high chance of rain severely affecting the chance of play
What television channel is Durban Heat vs Jozi Stars on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Durban Heat vs Jozi Stars in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Durban Heat vs Jozi Stars? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Durban Heat come into this final match of the MSL group phase knowing that a win would see them leapfrog Tshwane Spartans into the third and final play-off place but there are major concerns that rain will wash this match out and ruin their chances.
- The Heat have been incredibly unlucky, with the weather seeing four of their matches washed out already, and their previous game against the winless Stars on Saturday was also washed out so they need some good fortune here.
- The Heat have won their last three completed matches so their form and mood is excellent right now, and the only position in their team that has a question mark over it is their final bowling spot which could be taken by either of Dupavillon or Jansen.
- Jozi Stars’ miserable MSL 2019 campaign comes to an end as they come into this game with nothing but pride to play for after their meek defence of their title has seen them go the entire tournament without a victory.
- The Stars have seen their last two matches washed out and there is every chance that this one will follow suit, but if they do get out in the middle, then they may decide to give playing time to some fringe players in this final game.
- There were signs of their batting improving last time out as they hit 171/3 against Paarl Rocks and the inclusion of Shoaib Malik has certainly boosted their middle order. If they do manage to play, then he will be key to their hopes.
All the signs point to yet another abandoned game here as the weather forecast is miserable in Durban. That would be a huge shame for Durban Heat as this would be their fifth washout of the tournament although the Tshwane Spartans, who sit one place above them, have also had five washouts themselves. If any play is possible, the Heat have to be favoured against this poor Stars team that will likely have switched off from the tournament. They lost their first seven matches and then saw their last two games washed out. Without having played any cricket in nine days and with the mood so poor, the Heat should ease to victory if they do manage to escape the weather.