IPL 2020 – Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Preview & Prediction
When is Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad taking place? Saturday 26th September, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad taking place? Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
What is the expected weather for Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad? 36c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
- Kolkata Knight Riders were way below par in the 49-run loss to Mumbai Indians as after conceding 195/5, they were never really able to keep up in the run chase especially after losing early wickets.
- Sunil Narine’ struggled at the top of the order continue to be an issue while Shubman Gill also struggled so they desperately need their openers to get off to a better start although opposition bowlers appear to have figured Narine out.
- Despite the heavy loss, an unchanged team is most likely here as they will hope to improve with a game under their belts as they ultimately need to make significant improvements with both bat and ball.
- Sunrisers’ fragile middle order continues to haunt them as they fell to a narrow defeat to RCB in their opening game but they were unfortunate with the injury to Mitch Marsh which has seen him ruled out of the tournament.
- They will be forced to make a change here and they have signed Windies skipper Jason Holder for the remainder of the tournament but he is unavailable here so they will hope Kane Williamson is passed fit or Mohammad Nabi will come into the side.
- Nabi could very well be the preferred option for his spin although having Williamson in would really strengthen the batting so long as he could hit the ground running and there is no guarantees about that after so long out of action.
These two teams are the only remaining sides that have not picked up any points yet so they will be eager to get a win and leave the other at the foot of the IPL ladder. Sunrisers Hyderabad were in control for much of their game against RCB yet they contrived to throw it away from a good position. KKR showed various deficiencies in their game against Mumbai Indians who smashed their bowling attack around in Abu Dhabi for 195/5 and their batting did not come close to that going down by 49 runs. The Sunrisers showed more in their opening game to suggest they are closer to winning a game but KKR and their team of stars could turn things around at the drop of a hat. They have the edge in matchwinners but the marginal preference goes to the Sunrisers for the greater balance in their team.