When is India vs Sri Lanka taking place? Friday, January 10th (13:30 UK time)
Where is India vs Sri Lanka taking place? Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
What is the expected weather for India vs Sri Lanka? 27 in clear skies
What channel is India vs Sri Lanka on? The match will be televised live on StarGOLD HD (Sky channel 717)
Where can I stream India vs Sri Lanka? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for India vs Sri Lanka? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
India beat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- After the frustration of the washout in the opening T20 match of the series, India put in an accomplished performance with both bat and ball as they swept Sri Lanka aside to ensure that they will earn at least a draw from the series.
- India won the toss and chose to field first and that proved to be a good decision as they restricted the Sri Lankans to 142/9 with Shardul Thakur the pick of the bowlers as he made his way through the tail to finish with figures of 3-23.
- That total never felt enough and with the top four Indian batsmen in the order each scoring at least 30, they ran out winners with 15 balls to spare and after scoring 34, it is expected that the experiment to try Shreyas Iyer at number three in the order will be continued.
- Sri Lanka were disappointing as they failed to build on a promising start as they fell to defeat in the second T20 against India and have plenty of improvements to make if they are to level the series up in the final match.
- Kusal Perera topscored with 34 as Sri Lanka stuttered to 142/9 having being 82/2 at one stage with many of their players failing to impress with either their score or strike rate with the middle order offering very little in particular.
- Defending that modest total, Sri Lanka struggled and only took three wickets in reply with changes expected for this final game as Isuru Udana picked up an injury and will miss out with Angelo Mathews likely to replace him while Oshada Fernando is also a slight doubt.
India went through the motions to pick up the win in the second T20 match of the series with them dominating Sri Lanka without the need to really exert themselves. They bowled well as a unit and did what was required with the bat but will want to improve further in this final game of the series. They could opt to make a change or two to their side with Yuzvendra Chahal a possibility to come into the line-up but whatever teams takes to the field, they look like the better side than their Sri Lankan opponents in all departments and should seal the series with another win here.