When is Delhi Capitals vs Punjab Kings taking place? Sunday 18th April, 2021 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Delhi Capitals vs Punjab Kings taking place? Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Where can I get tickets for Delhi Capitals vs Punjab Kings? IPL 2021 matches will initially be played without spectators but visit the official IPL website for any further updates
What channel is Delhi Capitals vs Punjab Kings on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Delhi Capitals vs Punjab Kings? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Delhi Capitals suffered defeat last time out after a poor batting display which saw them recover from 37/4 to 147/8 ultimately proved to be short as the Rajasthan Royals edged to victory.
- They were able to count on star strike bowler Kagiso Rabada last time out and now they can bring fellow South African speed merchant Anrich Nortje after he served his quarantine period after a positive test which will boost them.
- Tom Curran is likely to be the one to make way for him while they could also decide to bring Shimron Hetmyer back in, Steve Smith or Sam Billings for English all-rounder Chris Woakes as they may choose to bolster their batting after the poor display last time out.
- Punjab Kings put in a superb batting display in their opening game against Rajasthan Royals to tally 221/6 in victory but they could only muster a paltry 106/8 last time out against Chennai Super Kings in a heavy and hugely disappointing defeat.
- They found themselves 26/5 in that game as their top five batsmen all struggled with Nicholas Pooran picking up a second consecutive duck so the pressure will be firmly on them against the Capitals here.
- The Kings could well drop either Jhye Richardson or Riley Meredith at the expense of either of their all-rounders Fabian Allen or Moises Henriques, while Dawid Malan could well be considered to come in for the struggling Pooran.
Delhi Capitals and Punjab Kings have both won one and lost one so far and the two teams both have question marks over their team selection ahead of this match. The Kings were particularly poor last time out but they are just as capable of going from the ridiculous to the sublime. The Capitals bowling attack looks to have the clear edge however with Rabada and Nortje fit and firing here with an excellent supporting cast. The batting line-ups are both under pressure but the Capitals’ line-up is a bit more settled and their bowling may just inspire them to victory. This is a game that could easily go either way however and may be one to consider in-play.