2019-20 Big Bash League – Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Thursday 2nd January, 2020 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers? 26c with sunshine
What television channel is Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Melbourne Renegades beat Sydney Sixers by 3 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Melbourne Renegades have lost all four of their matches played so far as the defending champions’ title defence is falling apart and they have no margin for error now starting with this home match against the Sixers.
- The lack of production from their two overseas players, Harry Gurney and Richard Gleeson, remains a major concern and Gleeson especially could lose his place in the team given his lack of effectiveness with his overall figures of 10.4-0-121-2 at an economy rate of 11.34 is proving detrimental to the team.
- They only have four players who have performed anywhere close to their best with Beau Webster, Aaron Finch and Shaun Marsh doing well with the bat, and Kane Richardson with the ball, but they desperately need others to step up now and it would be no surprise to see a couple of changes to the team to try shake things up.
- Sydney Sixers have won their last two matches and the last win came in the Sydney Smash as they beat the Thunder in a thrilling Super Over where English all-rounder Tom Curran starred with bat and ball once again.
- Curran and Sean Abbott have been key to their success in winning three of their opening five games having taken 19 wickets combined as their bowling attack continues to be one of the best yet underrated in the tournament.
- There is little reason for them to change a winning formula right now so there is every chance that they could name the same starting line-up for this trip to Melbourne to face the Renegades who have beaten them in three of their last four meetings.
Desperate times for the Renegades coming into this home clash with the Sixers as they simply cannot afford a fifth consecutive loss. Other than a handful of players, too many of their squad are struggling for form and that does not bode well against a strong all-round Sixers side. Their bowling attack is in sensational form right now and if they make inroads into the Renegades top order, this could be a comfortable win for them. Finch and company will surely raise their game and try win the game single-handedly which seems their only chance of victory right now. The Sixers have to be favoured to win this unless Finch, Richardson, Marsh or Webster produce a match-winning miracle.