Where is Billy Joe Saunders vs Marcelo Esteban Coceres taking place? Staples Center, Los Angeles, California
When is Billy Joe Saunders vs Marcelo Esteban Coceres and what time does it start? Sunday 10th November, 2019 – 02:00 approx (UK)
What TV channel is Billy Joe Saunders vs Marcelo Esteban Coceres? Sky Sports Box Office (£9.95)
Where can I stream Billy Joe Saunders vs Marcelo Esteban Coceres? The Sky Sports Box Office & Sky Q App. The fight will also be available to stream via the DAZN website and app.
Are tickets still available for Billy Joe Saunders vs Marcelo Esteban Coceres?
BILLY JOE SAUNDERS
- Saunders only fought once last year which was against Charles Adamu. He put on a great performance with his first finish in five fights, forcing the Ghanaian to retire after the fourth round and is now coming off a unanimous decision over Shefet Isufi which stretched his unbeaten record.
- Saunders makes his first appearance on US soil hoping to make this a breakthrough fight defending his WBO super middleweight title.
- Saunders had a successful amateur career as a welterweight and fought the majority of his professional career as a middleweight, earning various titles including the WBO title but vacated it in the wake of a failed drug test carried out by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA).
MARCELO ESTEBAN COCERES
- Coceres also has 28 wins without tasting defeat. After two knockouts over Basilo Silva and then Carmelito De Jesus, Coceres defeated German Ignacio Peralta via a unanimous decision to earn the vacant WBA Fedebol middleweight title.
- Coceres has fought the majority of his career at super welterweight and middleweight and steps up to super middleweight for the biggest fight and biggest name so far in his career.
- Coceres only fought once in 2016 and 2017 but has been very active since, fighting five times in 2018 and makes his third appearance this year.
Coceres is a tough and technical fighter but despite the unbeaten record, his resume is not very impressive. He fights up a weight class and outside of South America for the first time against by far the most talented and accomplished opponent of his career.
After feeling out Coceres for the first couple of rounds, we should expect Saunders to pick up his high output and begin to land more frequently. The Argentinian will find it hard to counter the quick, long jabs from the southpaw stance as Saunders follows them up with powerful left hands to potentially secure a late finish.
Winner: Billy Joe Saunders via KO/TKO