When is Simon Whitlock vs John Henderson taking place? Monday 22nd July, 2019
Where is Simon Whitlock vs John Henderson taking place? Winter Gardens, Blackpool
What channel is Simon Whitlock vs John Henderson on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Simon Whitlock vs John Henderson? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Simon Whitlock vs John Henderson? Check https://www.pdc.tv/betfred-world-matchplay-tickets
for ticket information
All-time meetings: Simon Whitlock 3-4 John Henderson
Last meeting: John Henderson 6-4 Simon Whitlock
- Simon Whitlock is appearing at the World Matchplay for the tenth time. During his previous nine appearances he has reached the semi-finals twice and has only lost in round one on two occasions.
- The Wizard missed out on selection for the 2019 Premier League and his disappointment continued with a poor start to 2019 with a string of early exits on the tour.
- There have been signs of recovery for the Australian with an appearance in a final on the Euro Tour in Germany in April and another semi-final at the Czech Darts Open in June.
- John Henderson is featuring at the World Matchplay in Blackpool for the fourth time and has lost in the opening round on each of his last three appearances.
- Popular Scotsman Henderson has struggled to make an impact in the majors since reaching the semi-finals at the 2017 World Grand Prix. Hendo has been defeated in his first match in five of his last six appearances in PDC major ranking TV tournaments.
- Earlier this year Henderson was invited to play a match in the Premier League as one of the nine ‘contenders’ who replaced the injured Gary Anderson. He rose to the occasion and enjoyed a thrilling 6-6 draw against Michael van Gerwen in Aberdeen.
Simon Whitlock had a dire start to 2019, and although his form has picked up a little in the last couple of months, he is not playing at the level that makes him a favourite to be relied on in this match. The Wizard has a tricky opener, as whilst Hendo can be inconsistent, he is very capable of producing spells of brilliance. A possible factor that might work in Whitlock's favour is that the big Scot has previously looked uncomfortable on the hot stage at Winter Gardens and he might fade if the game goes a long distance which could give the Australian a much-needed win.