When is Australia vs Uruguay taking place? Saturday 5th October, 2019 – 06:15 (UK)
Where is Australia vs Uruguay taking place? Oita Stadium, Oita Prefecture
What is the expected weather for Australia vs Uruguay? 22c with showers expected
What television channel is Australia vs Uruguay on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream Australia vs Uruguay? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Australia vs Uruguay? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: Australia 65-3 Uruguay
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia mounted a valiant second half comeback against Wales but were ultimately unable to overturn the 15-point deficit with the Wallabies unhappy with numerous refereeing decisions in that game.
- The Wallabies have decided to rotate their side for this game and have named 19-year-old winger Jordan Petaia to make his debut which is the first time Australia have handed anybody a debut at the RWC since 2007.
- He is one of 13 changes to the side that were defeated by Wales with skipper Michael Hooper retaining his place to lead the much-changed side that will feature Matt To’omua who gets a chance to impress from the start at centre.
- Uruguay were brought back down to earth with a bang as they failed to back up their victory over Fiji when facing Georgia and with that defeat, their hopes of finishing third in Pool suffered a huge blow.
- Los Teros will be without the services of hooker Facundo Gattas after he was sent off for a shoulder to the head against Georgia and he has been handed a three-game ban for that ugly challenge.
- Uruguay head coach Esteban Meneses has opted to make nine changes to his line-up for this game with centre Andres Vilaseca set to lead his country for just the third time whilst fly-half Felipe Berchesi and Rodrigo Silva also retain their places but the latter will switch from the wing to fullback.
Click here for the team news and prediction for England vs Argentina
Click here for the team news and prediction for South Africa vs Italy
Click here for the team news and prediction for Japan vs Samoa
Australia may now have to be content with second place in Pool D after they were defeated by Wales. They should get back to winning ways with a comfortable victory over Uruguay and have offered some game time to the fringe members of their squad with the hope that they can impress to stake a claim for a place in the side moving forward. It may take a while for the new combinations to settle but the Wallabies should improve as the game progresses and they can pick up a big win.