When is South Africa vs Italy taking place? Friday 4th October, 2019 – 10:45 (UK)
Where is South Africa vs Italy taking place? Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa, Shizuoka Prefecture
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs Italy? 17c with mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is South Africa vs Italy on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 4
Where can I stream South Africa vs Italy? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs Italy? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: Italy 6-35 South Africa
THE TEAM NEWS
- South Africa made light work of Namibia as they prevented their opposition from scoring a try whilst running in 57 points for themselves and will now turn their attention to this game with Italy that is likely to determine who finishes second in Pool B.
- After making 13 changes to their side for the Namibia game, the Springboks have reverted to a much stronger side for this game and have named the same team that faced New Zealand in their opening game with the exception of three changes.
- Prop Tendai Mtawarira, hooker Bongi Mbonambi and lock Look de Jager have all managed to force their way into the side for this must-win encounter with the Springboks taking no chances on the strength of their side for this game.
- Italy ran up another impressive scoreline thanks to how clinical they were with ball-in-hand which allowed them to see off Canada and set them up for this crunch clash with South Africa.
- The Italians have made a handful of changes to their starting XV after rotating against Canada but prop Tiziano Pasquali misses out once again as he continues to be sidelined through injury.
- Sergio Parisse returns at number eight to lead Italy in a game that will see him become Italy’s record RWC appearance maker whilst Matteo Minozzi has done enough to keep his place at fullback after a superb showing against Canada.
Click here to read the team news and prediction for Georgia vs Fiji
Click here to read the team news and prediction for Ireland vs Russia
Click here for the team news and prediction for England vs Argentina
Click here for the team news and prediction for Japan vs Samoa
Italy have performed well in their two matches at this year's RWC but now face a much more difficult task as they face South Africa. The Springboks won at a canter against Namibia with a much-changed side but they have reverted to a stronger line-up here which spells trouble for the Italians. South Africa came into this tournament in great form and if they can replicate that form in this important clash, they should come away with a comfortable win.