When is Japan vs Samoa taking place? Saturday 5th October, 2019 – 11:30 (UK)
Where is Japan vs Samoa taking place? City of Toyota Stadium, Toyota City
What is the expected weather for Japan vs Samoa? 24c in partly cloudy skies
What television channel is Japan vs Samoa on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream Japan vs Samoa? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Japan vs Samoa? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: Samoa 5-26 Japan
THE TEAM NEWS
- Japan produced a sensational display as they defeated Ireland and moved a step closer to progressing to the knockout stages and know that their fate is in their own hands ahead of their game with Samoa as they look to make it three wins from three in Pool A.
- The hosts have named a very strong team once again as they look to press home their chances of qualifying for the quarter-finals with a win here putting them in pole position to advance.
- Japan have only made two changes to the victorious side that featured against Ireland with flanker Michael Leitch returning but Pieter Labuschagne retains the captaincy whilst Wimpie van der Walt also returns with Luke Thompson not part of the 23-man squad.
- Samoa failed to turn up as they were heavily beaten by Scotland in their last game, failing to score a single point in the disappointing defeat, and now face a difficult path to qualify for the quarter-finals.
- Winger Ed Fidow was a big doubt for this game after the Samoan winger was shown two yellow cards in the loss to Scotland but he has avoided a ban with the red card he received deemed as sufficient punishment.
- The Samoans have made six changes to their side with Jordan Lay, Piula Faasalele, Ulupano Seuteni and Seilala Lam all making their first starts at this RWC whilst Ah See Tuala comes in for his first appearance and Dwayne Polataivao also comes back into the starting XV.
Click here for the team news and prediction for South Africa vs Italy
Click here for the team news and prediction to Australia vs Uruguay
Click here for the team news and prediction for England vs Argentina
Japan are on the verge of advancing to the knockout stages of the RWC for the first time but know they still have work to do after their win over Ireland. They were in a similar position after beating South Africa in 2015 and failed to progress but they can move a step closer by making it three wins from three here. Samoa were hugely disappointing in their loss to Scotland and have made six changes to their starting side in response, but even an improved performance will not be enough to topple the hosts.