2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – Benetton vs Lyon Preview & Prediction
When is Benetton vs Lyon taking place? Saturday 14th December, 2019 – 12:45 (UK)
Where is Benetton vs Lyon taking place? Stadio Comunale di Monigo, Treviso
What is the expected weather for Benetton vs Lyon? 5c in mostly sunny skies
What television channel is Benetton vs Lyon on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Benetton vs Lyon? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Benetton vs Lyon? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between Benetton and Lyon? Lyon 28-0 Benetton
THE TEAM NEWS
- Benetton were completed outplayed as they failed to score a single point in their loss to Lyon but they get a quick chance to try and redeem themselves as they play host to the French outfit here.
- Benetton sit bottom of Pool 1 after the heavy loss and have now lost five games in all competitions with home advantage unlikely to offer them much comfort as they attempt to overturn last week’s result.
- After such a poor defeat, Benetton may opt to make some changes to their side for this contest with some potentially paying the price for their poor discipline which played a big part in the loss.
- Lyon claimed their first ever victory in the European Champions Cup as they produced a brilliant display to keep Benetton scoreless and claim a bonus-point win to keep their hopes of progressing alive.
- The French side still sit in third spot in Pool 1 and face a difficult challenge ahead of them if they are to advance but they will hope to build on their superb performance with their defence proving far too strong for the Italian outfit.
- Lyon ended their three-game losing streak with victory last week and their decision to rest players in their previous Top 14 contest paid off as they looked fresh and strong with few changes expected this week.
Lyon ended their wait for a European Champions Cup success with a resounding victory over Benetton last week. The French side will be confident of replicating that victory as they look to stay in the hunt for a spot in the quarter-finals and this trip to Italy will hold no fear for them. Benetton will have to quickly regroup and must be better on both sides of the ball but they are unlikely to have enough to reverse last week’s loss.