EURO 2020 – UEFA European Qualifiers – Latvia vs Austria Preview & Prediction
When does Latvia vs Austria kick off? Tuesday 19th November, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Latvia vs Austria being played? Daugavas Stadionā
What TV channel is Latvia vs Austria on? This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Football (red button)
Where can I stream Latvia vs Austria? This match will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for Latvia vs Austria? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- This has been a truly abysmal qualifying campaign for Latvia who have fallen behind many other teams in Eastern Europe as they have lost all nine matches so far, scored just two goals and conceded 28.
- Their form at home has been particularly concerning as they have not even scored in their last five matches played which sums up the dreadful quality of Latvian football at this particular moment in time.
- They were hoping of welcoming back midfielder Janis Ikaunieks after suspension but he has a knock so misses out once again along with Kristers Tobers and Daniels Ontuzans, so boss Slavia Stojanovic has reduced options to really change things around positively.
- Austria’s 2-1 victory over North Macedonia on Saturday saw them clinch a EURO 2020 finals place and while they can relax coming into this match in Riga, they will be keen to keep their excellent recent momentum going.
- After losing their opening two matches in their group to Poland and Israel, they have reeled off six wins and a draw in their last seven matches, with one of those being a 6-0 destruction of Latvia in Salzburg.
- Head coach Franco Foda may use this match as an opportunity to give some playing time to some of his squad players with the pressure off and second place confirmed as Schaub, Ilsanker and Grillitsch could all come into the side.
After a slow start to this qualifying campaign, Austria have clicked into gear and have been one of the form teams, winning six and drawing one of their last seven. They travel to face a Latvia side who are in complete disarray and own one of the worst records in this qualifying tournament. There is very little optimism around the Latvian national team right now and the Austrians can compound their miseries with another comprehensive win.