When is Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab taking place? Sunday 27th September, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab taking place? Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
What is the expected weather for Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab? 37c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Rajasthan Royals won their first game after blasting 216/7 in their 20 overs which proved 16 runs too many for Chennai Super Kings, and they will return to the same high-scoring venue in Sharjah for this clash with Kings XI.
- Despite winning that game, they will be tempted to changing a winning team now that Jos Buttler is available after quarantining on his arrival in the UAE so there is a good chance he will come into the side for David Miller.
- That is likely to be the only change to the side although they then have to consider whether Buttler opens and Steve Smith moves down the order or Buttler comes in at number four with Smith anchoring the innings from the top as he did successfully against CSK.
KINGS XI PUNJAB
- After managing to throw away their opening game against Delhi Capitals in a Super Over, Kings XI bounced back in style last out smashing 206/3 against RCB and then bowling them out for just 109 to help their net run rate significantly.
- After scoring over 200 in Dubai, they will be confident of another big score in the smaller stadium in Sharjah and there is speculation that they will bring in the Universe Boss Chris Gayle for Nicholas Pooran to unleash him in this edition of the IPL.
- They may consider bringing Mujeeb Ur Rahman into the side also but after just outing so far, Kiwi Jimmy Neesham could get another chance to impress with bat and ball especially on this small pitch.
Teams with runs on the board have had the greater success in the IPL so far and the conditions in the UAE are certainly affecting each team’s game plan. Batting first and putting over 200 on the board could prove key in putting the chasing side under pressure. Rajasthan Royals have the advantage of already having played once in Sharjah and they should have learned plenty from that experience. Batting is fairly straight forward for the big hitters but bowling and fielding is arguably more key and it could come down to which team can adapt to the conditions and small ground the best. Both teams are coming off excellent wins but the marginal preference goes to the Royals who should have an edge having already played in Sharjah once.