When is England vs Australia taking place? Friday, 11th September, 2020 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is England vs Australia taking place? Old Trafford, Manchester
What is the expected weather for England vs Australia? 17c cloudy
What channel is England vs Australia on? The match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream England vs Australia? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for England vs Australia? This match will be played without spectators
England beat Australia by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- England are coming off an excellent T20 series win over arch rivals Australia and the World Champions now return to the 50-over format as the short tour moves to Old Trafford in Manchester from Southampton.
- There are some changes to the squad for this ODI series as the likes of Joe Root, Jason Roy and Chris Woakes return and all of them are candidates to come into the side although Roy remains an injury doubt.
- Buttler is expected to return to the fold after missing the last T20 match for personal reasons while skipper Eoin Morgan should also be fit to play after missing that game to rest his dislocated finger as England will field something close to their strongest line-up with only Ben Stokes still absent.
- Australia’s record in one-day internationals was not particularly good in the first quarter of 2020 as they won just one of their last six matches as both India and South Africa inflicted series defeats on their travels with their sole win coming at home against New Zealand.
- That was in stark contrast to 2019 which was a World Cup year where they won 15 of their last 18 games in that year but one of those defeats did come in Manchester against South Africa in the World Cup.
- There is a couple of decisions to make in the line-up for the Green and Gold although the final T20 match may have given some clues with Josh Hazelwood likely to start but David Warner should return after being rested, Marnus Labuschagne could also come into the middle order, and Nathan Lyon may be preferred to Adam Zampa as their spin option.
After England won the T20 series, they now return to one-day internationals where the world champions will be looking to stamp their authority in the 50-over format against Australia at Old Trafford. Eoin Morgan made some changes for that final T20 match but all their key men return here and this is arguably their strongest team other than the absent Ben Stokes. Australia’s line-up is a little less certain but they will be looking to improve on their fairly poor form in this format in 2020. They have not fared particularly well on their travels and they will be up against it here against this England team that certainly has an edge in terms of cricket players in recent months. That will stand them in good stead here and expect Eoin Morgan’s men to get off to a winning start in Manchester.