2019-20 NBA – Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks Preview & Pick
When is Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks taking place? Saturday 18th January, 2020 – 02:30 (UK)
Where is Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks taking place? American Airlines Center
What channel is Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks on? ESPN, Fox Sports Southwest – Dallas, NBC Sports Northwest, TSN1
Where can I stream Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, NBC Sports App, Fox Sports GO
Where can I get tickets for Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Portland Trail Blazers 121 – 119 Dallas Mavericks
THE TEAM NEWS
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
- Portland are coming off a huge 117-107 win over the Houston Rockets and that result has pushed their winning streak to two games. Owners of a 3-2 mark across their last five games, the Blazers have been rising on the Western Conference standings and currently sit in 10th place with a 18-24 record.
- Forward Mario Hezonja should be deemed as questionable due to a back problem, while Skal Labissiere, Jusuf Nurkic, Zach Collins and Rodney Hood have all been ruled out already. The last two are slated to miss most – if not all – of the rest of the regular season.
- Considering all the absences, Damian Lillard should be the player to watch for the Trail Blazers once again. Lillard has scored 20 or more points in seven straight games, and he is currently averaging 26.8 points and a career-high 7.6 assists per game this term.
- The Mavericks are coming off a 127-123 win over the Sacramento Kings and that result pushed their winning streak to three games. Dallas have gone 3-2 over their last five contests, and remain in the playoff zone as they are sixth on the Western Conference standings with a 26-15 mark.
- Kristaps Porzingis was a late scratch from Wednesday’s game against the Kings, and he should be deemed as questionable ahead of this game. Isaiah Roby has been ruled out as well, while Ryan Broekhoff remains sidelined until early February at the earliest.
- Luka Doncic should be the player to watch once again. He’s coming off a monster triple-double of 25 points, 17 assists and 15 rebounds against Sacramento, and he is averaging 28.8 points, 9.8 rebounds and 9.0 assists per game this season.
The Mavericks enter this game on a three-game winning streak and while the Blazers have won the last two, there’s no question Dallas have been the more consistent team of the two. Plus, Dallas are 12-10 at home while Portland own a 9-14 mark on the road. The fact that Dallas will be at home should be a deciding factor ahead of this matchup and, while it might end up being tighter than expected, the Mavericks should be able to get the win here.