When does Wolfsburg vs Schalke 04 kick off? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Wolfsburg vs Schalke 04 being played? VOLKSWAGEN ARENA
What TV channel is Wolfsburg vs Schalke 04 on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Wolfsburg vs Schalke 04 in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Wolfsburg vs Schalke 04?
What was the score in the last meeting between Wolfsburg & Schalke 04? Schalke 04 2-1 Wolfsburg
THE TEAM NEWS
- Wolfsburg are ending the year with three tough fixtures in the space of a week but they made a good start on Sunday, beating then leaders Borussia Monchengladbach 2-1 at home.
- Coach Glasner is unlikely to make many changes, although he has hinted that Schlager may be rested having started successive games following a lengthy lay-off.
- Glasner has deviated from his usual 3-4-3 system in the last two games and started with a back four, and may do so again despite centre-back Tisserand's return from suspension
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Casteels; William, Knoche, Brooks, Roussillon; Guilavogui; Brekalo, Arnold, Gerhardt, Joao Victor; Weghorst
Unavailable: Ignacio Camacho (Injured), Mehmedi (Injured)
- Fourth-placed Schalke's 10 men held on for a 1-0 win at home to Eintracht Frankfurt on Sunday evening, their fourth victory in six league matches.
- Goalkeeper and captain Nubel begins a four-match ban following his dismissal against Frankfurt so summer signing Schubert will make his full debut.
- McKennie, who was only filling in at centre-back because of injuries, dislocated his shoulder against Frankfurt so coach Wagner will be desperately hoping Nastasic or Stambouli are fit enough to start.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Schubert; Kenny, Kabak, Nastasic, Oczipka; Serdar, Mascarell; Caligiuri, Harit, Matondo; Raman
Unavailable: Uth (Injured), Sane (Injured), Schopf (Injured), McKennie (Injured), Nubel (Suspended)
Doubtful: Stambouli (Injured), Nastasic (Injured), Kutucu (Injured)
Wolfsburg boast the best defensive record in the Bundesliga but they have only kept one clean sheet in their last six games. Ten of Schalke's 15 matches this season have seen three or more goals and with their first-choice keeper and potentially three centre-backs missing there should be goals here.