When does Augsburg vs Werder Bremen kick off? Saturday 1st February, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Augsburg vs Werder Bremen being played? WWK Arena
What TV channel is Augsburg vs Werder Bremen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Augsburg vs Werder Bremen in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Augsburg vs Werder Bremen?
Werder Bremen – https://www.werder.de/tickets/heimspiele/
What was the score in the last meeting between Augsburg & Werder Bremen? Werder Bremen 3-2 Augsburg
THE TEAM NEWS
- Having gone six games unbeaten at the end of 2019, Augsburg have lost three times in a row, conceding eight goals in the process.
- Coach Schmidt is expected to revert to his preferred 4-2-3-1 formation, with Lowen or fit-again Jensen replacing Hahn in attack.
- Finnbogason made his comeback from injury as a substitute in Berlin but fellow strikers Cordova and Schieber are still injury doubts.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Koubek; Jedvaj, Uduokhai, Gouweleeuw, Max; Khedira, Baier; Richter, Jensen, Vargas; Niederlechner
Unavailable: Asta (Injured), Iago (International duty)
Doubtful: Cordova (Injured), Schieber (Injured), Teigl (Injured)
- Werder Bremen cannot seem to string two wins together and after beating Fortuna Dusseldorf, they suffered their fifth defeat in six games at home to Hoffenheim last Sunday.
- Captain Moisander returns after suspension but Friedl is suspended after collecting his fifth yellow card of the campaign last weekend.
- Langkamp has joined the casualty list after sustaining a knee injury in training this week, and none of the other injured players are expected to return.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Pavlenka; Vogt, Moisander, Toprak; Goller, M. Eggestein, Klaassen, Sahin, Bittencourt; Sargent, Rashica
Unavailable: Mohwald (Injured), Fullkrug (Injured), Gebre Selassie (Injured), Lang (Injured), Langkamp (Injured), Augustinsson (Injured), Friedl (Suspended)
Doubtful: Bargfrede (Injured)
Meetings between these two sides have tended to be high-scoring, including their last clash earlier this season, and this one is likely to be no different. Augsburg have scored two or more goals in each of their last six home games and they are up against the joint worst defence in the Bundesliga.