2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Gent vs Sporting Charleroi Preview & Prediction
When is Gent vs Sporting Charleroi taking place? Saturday 7th March, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Gent vs Sporting Charleroi taking place? GHELAMCO-arena, Gent
What television channel is Gent vs Sporting Charleroi on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gent vs Sporting Charleroi? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Gent vs Sporting Charleroi? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Second-placed Gent will be looking to return to winning ways having lost 1-0 away from home against Cercle Brugge last time out with a goal inside of the opening minute settling the contest.
- They pressed hard after falling behind against Cercle Brugge but could not find the breakthrough with Cercle's 'keeper Lennart Moser standing firm against all that was put in front of him.
- Gent are a tough team to beat on home soil and have a fantastic home record in the league this season with 11 wins and three draws from their 14 fixtures.
- Sporting Charleroi are currently in third place and they narrowed the gap with Gent to four points with a 2-0 home victory against Standard Liege last Sunday.
- Although Charleroi’s home form has been excellent, they have not recorded a win on the road since the end of November and it’s a run of six games where they have only scored three goals.
- It is possible only one change will be made from the last match with midfielder Marco Ilaimaharitra ruled out through suspension.
Gent suffered a setback when they lost to Cercle Brugge last time out but they were up against well motivated opponents and were given an uphill task when they conceded in the opening minute of the game. Gent are predicted to bounce back with a win in this game, their home form is very strong and they should have enough firepower to overcome a Sporting Charleroi team who are struggling to find the net on their travels. A 2-0 win is the prediction.