2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Glen Durrant vs Fallon Sherrock Preview & Prediction
When is Glen Durrant vs Fallon Sherrock taking place? Thursday 13th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Glen Durrant vs Fallon Sherrock taking place? Motorpoint Arena
What channel is Glen Durrant vs Fallon Sherrock on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Glen Durrant vs Fallon Sherrock? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Glen Durrant vs Fallon Sherrock? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? No previous meetings
- Former BDO World Champion Glen Durrant enjoyed a winning start to the 2020 Premier League with a 7-3 victory against Michael Smith in Aberdeen last Thursday night.
- Durrant’s superb doubling against Smith was the telling factor in their match, as Duzza finished the match with a checkout percentage of 77.8% a total only matched by Van Gerwen on night one.
- He failed to get further than the last 32 in any of the two Players Championship tournaments last weekend, with defeats against Steve Beaton and Dirk van Duijvenbode ending his hopes.
- Fallon Sherrock is making her appearance as a ‘challenger’ having impressed at the 2019-20 PDC World Championship where she became the first woman to defeat a man in a World Championship match in her round one victory against Ted Evetts.
- She followed up her landmark victory over Evetts by defeating former Premier League competitor Mensur Suljovic in round two. The win against Suljovic was no fluke with Sherrock posting a checkout percentage of almost 69% against the Austrian number eleven seed.
- Sherrock has also secured a place in the 2020 Ladbrokes UK Open in March after winning the Rileys Amateur Qualifier in Wolverhampton at the start of February where she came through a field of 200 players to earn her spot.
Glen Durrant will not only face the challenge of Fallon Sherrock but also the vast majority of the Nottingham crowd as he bids to make it two wins from two in the 2020 Premier League. Durrant is an experienced player and is a much more accomplished performer than Sherrock, but one feels he will need to make a strong start to the match to stop Sherrock gaining an advantage which would see the crowd really playing a part. Durrant should have the ability to come through this match as the winner, with the score possibly 7-2 or 7-3. An interesting option could be Sherrock with most 180s, as she hit 18 in three matches at the World Championship and a similar 180s per leg ratio could see her top that particular statistical category.