When is Peru vs Colombia taking place? Peru vs Colombia will take place on Saturday 10th July, 2021 at 01:00 (UK)
Where is Peru vs Colombia taking place? Peru vs Colombia will take place at Estádio Nacional de Brasília, Brasília
Where can I get tickets for Peru vs Colombia? Visit the official Copa America website for the latest ticket information for Peru vs Colombia
What television channel is Peru vs Colombia on in the UK? Peru vs Colombia will be televised live on BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Peru vs Colombia in the UK? Peru vs Colombia can be streamed live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ricardo Gareca’s reign in charge of Peru has been an eminently successful one despite their loss to Brazil in the semi-finals of this year’s Copa America in midweek. He has led them to their first World Cup finals of the century as well as a Copa America final and two semi-final appearances.
- They began their campaign with a really poor result losing 4-0 to Brazil in which the Brazilians managed to put the gloss on the victory late on. The form of Gianluca Lapadula since that match has been impressive.
- Aside from their two defeats to Brazil in the competition, their four matches have consisted of 14 goals with three of those games seeing both teams score.
- Colombia began their tournament with low expectations as they had no James Rodriguez or Radamel Falcao and went into it with a very defensive strategy leaving their Atalanta goal scoring duo of Luis Muriel and Duvan Zapata both on the bench.
- Their group stage campaign was very stop-start along these lines with just one win and a draw in that competition. Their four points came on the back of clean sheets highlighting a lack of attacking play.
- Even their knockout stage victory on penalties against Uruguay after a goalless draw was another highlight of a restrained and frustrating style of play implemented by Reinaldo Rueda.
These two did meet in the group stages with Peru managing to get over the line with a 2-1 win. As mentioned, Colombia struggled to create anything throughout the tournament and even their goal in that was a penalty scored by Miguel Borja. Basically, if Peru turn up with any motivation they should win this match and given that Garreca has already led his side to a 2-0 third place playoff victory in 2015, they should be in the right frame of mind. A slim Peru win to nil is the likely outcome for this one.