2019-20 Russian Premier League – Dinamo Moscow vs Spartak Moscow Preview & Prediction
When is Dinamo Moscow vs Spartak Moscow taking place? Saturday 29th February, 2020 – 13:30 (UK)
Where is Dinamo Moscow vs Spartak Moscow taking place? VTB Arena
What television channel is Dinamo Moscow vs Spartak Moscow on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Dinamo Moscow vs Spartak Moscow? Russian Premier League matches are occasionally streamed on Bet365 while some matches are also streamed live on the official Russian Premier League Youtube channel
Where can I get tickets for Dinamo Moscow vs Spartak Moscow? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Dinamo Moscow return to action after the winter break keen to improve on their average performances in the first half of the season but there was plenty of optimism from their results having won three of their last four league matches before the break.
- They have made a couple of big signings to boost their squad with striker Nikolay Komlichenko returning to Russia following three successful seasons in Czech Republic with Mlada Boleslav and Komlichenko is expected to come straight in to lead their struggling attack.
- They have also brought left-sided defender Dmitri Skopintsev from Krasnodar and he will add to their options either at left-back of left-midfield so he could well feature in this opening match to the second half of the season.
- Spartak’s expensively-assembled team under-performed massively in the opening half of the season and they find themselves under big pressure to improve as the league gets back underway and they face a Moscow derby to restart the season.
- Similar to their opponents, goals were difficult to come by before the break having scored just 19 goals in their 19 matches with Larsson and Ponce combining for just seven goals between them but they have brought in Krylya Sovetov’s 10-goal striker Aleksandr Sobolev to boost their options.
- Boss Domenico Tedesco faces some tough selection dilemmas for this game but Sobolev got the start alongside Ponce in their final friendly against Pakhtakor and with both getting on the scoresheet, they should get the nod in attack.
Goals were incredibly difficult to come by for both of these under-performing Moscow outfits in the first half of the season which has seen both invest in strikers in the winter transfer window. It will likely take some time for them to settle into their new surroundings, however, and while both teams will be desperate to win and kick-start their season, the fear of losing may be greater. The return fixture was a goalless draw and there is every chance that this match could be another low-scoring affair.