2020 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying – Eswatini vs Senegal Preview & Prediction
When does Eswatini vs Senegal kick off? Sunday 17th November, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Eswatini vs Senegal being played? Mavuso Sports Centre, Manzini
What TV channel is Eswatini vs Senegal on? Eswatini vs Senegal will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Eswatini vs Senegal? Eswatini vs Senegal will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Eswatini vs Senegal? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- Eswatini play host to group favourites Senegal having started their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign with a 3-0 defeat away from home against Guinea-Bissau on Wednesday.
- They were competitive in the first half against Guinea-Bissau but were eventually undone by two goals not long before half time which gave the home team a cushion that they never looked like relinquishing, and the third goal ended any faint hopes of an Eswatini comeback.
- Their expectations of a positive result against one of the major African footballing nations is not high but they hope to make things difficult for Senegal and make their opponents work hard for the win.
- 2019 Africa Nations Cup runners-up Senegal started their quest for qualification for the 2021 finals with a 2-0 home win against Congo on Wednesday, with goals from Sidy Sarr and Habibou Diallo within the space of three minutes during the first half proving to be the difference.
- Although he didn’t get on the scoresheet against Congo, Senegal’s star forward Sadio Mane was in fine form, producing some excellent pieces of skill which bewildered the opposition defence and he also weighed in with an assist.
- Senegal have now won 14 and drawn one of their last 15 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches, having won eight of the last nine of those matches without conceding a goal.
Senegal produced a professional performance in their opening group match against Congo and will be looking to follow it up with another three points against group outsiders Eswatini who were well beaten in their previous game against Guinea-Bissau. Senegal have a very formidable record in AFCON qualifying and it is unlikely they will slip up here. A Senegal win whilst also keeping a clean sheet is the prediction.