Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men Preview & Prediction
When is Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men taking place? Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men will take place on Monday 9th August, 2021 at 18:30 (UK)
Where is Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men taking place? Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men will take place at Edgbaston in Birmingham
What is the expected weather for Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men? 16-18c with a chance of light rain showers and a gentle breeze
Where can I get tickets for Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men? Click here for the latest ticket information for Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men
What TV channel is Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men on in the UK? Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men will be televised live on Sky Sports
Where can I stream Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men? Sky Sports subscribers can stream Birmingham Phoenix Men vs Welsh Fire Men live via Sky Go
THE TEAM NEWS
BIRMINGHAM PHOENIX MEN
- Birmingham Phoenix maintained their 100% home record last time out with a hugely impressive six wicket victory over Oval Invincibles that saw them chase down a mammoth 173 for the win with six balls remaining.
- Numerous Phoenix players impressed with the bat, captain Moeen Ali hit 49 runs, whilst young stars Will Smeed and Chris Benjamin maintained their respective reputations as two of the biggest breakout stars of the tournament for their explosive firepower.
- Fast bowler Tom Helm however, has struggled in recent games which has led to him being targeted by opposition batters, so he could be taken out of the firing line for this one.
WELSH FIRE MEN
- Three successive defeats for Welsh Fire leave them in seventh-place with just four points and with work to do if they are to make a late challenge for the top three spots in the table.
- Their latest loss came at the hands of Trent Rockets, as Glenn Phillips’ half-century was hit in vain with the visitors comfortably reaching their victory target of 140.
- The Fire are short of options when it comes to refreshing their side, with injuries to both Jake Ball and Liam Plunkett proving very costly.
Birmingham Phoenix have made Edgbaston quite the fortress so far in the Hundred and they will need it to be so again in what is an important contest for both sides here. Welsh Fire have been well and truly extinguished in recent matches largely due to player injuries and withdrawals. Captain and wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow being called up for England test duty was the first big blow, as their batting has never quite hit the same heights without him. Add that to the withdrawal of South African fast bowler Lungi Ngidi, combined with the injuries to both Ball and Plunkett which has now left the visitors hugely weakened on the bowling front as well. This bodes well for Birmingham Phoenix, whose big hitting batters should cash in on a hugely subpar visiting bowling attack, leading to what should be a comprehensive home victory.