When is England vs Pakistan taking place? Tuesday, September 1st, 2020 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is England vs Pakistan taking place? Old Trafford, Manchester
What is the expected weather for England vs Pakistan? 18c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What channel is England vs Pakistan on? The match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream England vs Pakistan? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for England vs Pakistan? This match will be played without spectators
England beat Pakistan by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- After the opening T20 was abandoned without a ball being bowled, England picked up an impressive win in the second T20 in Manchester on Sunday as they chased down Pakistan’s 195/4 in style thanks to some superb hitting by skipper Eoin Morgan and Dawid Malan.
- The batting was superb on the whole and it is unlikely there will be any changes to that part of the team but there could be a change made to the bowling department with David Willey pushing to get the start ahead of either Chris Jordan, Saqib Mahmood or Tom Curran.
- Despite the impressive win, there are still areas of the team that Eoin Morgan will want to see an improvement on in the bowling department particularly, while players like Moeen Ali and Sam Billings will both want to get some time at the crease to impress especially with the Test stars waiting in the wings to return to the side for the series against Australia.
- Pakistan will have been disappointed with the way they defenced their total of 195/4 as their bowling attack failed to stay composed when the English batsmen attacked them and built some momentum.
- They were not helped by an injury to Mohammad Amir who is likely to be left out of this game so that could hand an opening to Wahab Riaz unless they decide to add another batsmen which would add some much-needed depth to the side.
- Talented youngster Haider Ali could be handed a rare start here in this final T20 match either for Amir or for one of the veterans if they decide to make further changes to the side, but the emphasis may be on strengthening the batting and Haider has plenty of potential that they will be keen on exposing here.
England have had much more time at the crease this summer and that was clear to see in the second T20 as their batsmen clicked into gear in their run chase. The bowlers on both sides were struggling to find their yorkers and their best lengths as the batsmen had a clear advantage over both sets of bowlers. With that in mind, it will surely favour England once again as their batsmen have had much more time at the crease this summer and they have far more depth to their batting than the tourists. With good motivation and most of the England team playing for their places, the hosts have to be favoured to get another win and seal the series’ win.