IPL 2020 – Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Preview & Prediction
When is Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore taking place? Monday 21st September, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore taking place? Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
What is the expected weather for Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore? 38c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Despite possessing the star batsman in IPL 2019 in David Warner (692 in 12 innings), Sunrisers Hyderabad finished fourth and could not push for honours which they will hope to do so this time around.
- There are no major changes to their squad for this edition of the IPL as Warner and Bairstow will open the batting and are rightly considered to be the best opening duo in the tournament but the middle order is questionable after them.
- The bowling unit possesses Rashid Khan and he has a great record in UAE but they have plenty of other quality in their ranks with Mohammad Nabi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Khaleel Ahmed forming an outstanding attack.
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE
- Royal Challengers Bangalore lost their first six games of IPL 2019 and while they responded by winning six of their next nine matches, it was too late and they failed to make the knockout phase for a third year in a row.
- The big signing ahead of this edition is that of Australian opener Aaron Finch and they will hope he can take the pressure of superstars AB de Villiers and Virat Kohli as it looks a fearsome batting order yet again.
- The dilemma for RCB as has been the case in recent years is finding the balance in the team as Moeen Ali offers plenty of versatility but they have Dale Steyn waiting in the wings and they could go with the South African strike bowler instead and rely on their star batting trio.
Royal Challengers Bangalore struggled to cope with the huge pressure last season and they only started to produce when it was too late. Virat Kohli will be desperate as always to produce the goods but he will need Finch, De Villiers and their local contingent to support him. Their bowling unit can be fragile at times and it will be interesting to see how they approach this game. They have the option of starting Dale Steyn over one of their all-rounders and that would be a sensible call otherwise they are light on quality. Sunrisers have the edge in bowling and while they do not quite have the superstars of RCB, their batting has good quality too at the top of the order. Warner and Bairstow slayed RCB with an opening stand of 185 and if they are firing, they could upset RCB here.