When is Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Tuesday 22nd September, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
What is the expected weather for Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings? 40c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Rajasthan Royals are under some pressure ahead of this edition of the IPL to improve on their hugely disappointing seventh-placed finish and they will hope for a much better start as they lost five of their opening six games last year.
- The Royals are not helped however by the fact that Jos Buttler is forced to quarantine for an extended period so misses out here and England team-mate Ben Stokes remains in New Zealand for personal reasons so they are without two of their star men.
- Steve Smith is fit following the concussion that kept him out of the ODI series against England and he will play along with Jofra Archer, David Miller and Tom Curran but the Royals are under-strength for this opening game.
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Chennai Super Kings got their IPL 2020 campaign off to an excellent start by beating champions Mumbai Indians in the opening game on Saturday and MS Dhoni’s men will look to follow that up with another win here.
- The Super Kings may still consider changes for this opening game in Sharjah in what should be a high-scoring game in a small venue so they may consider leaving Murali Vijay out and bring in an extra all-rounder or bowler to have a sixth option.
- Otherwise, an unchanged team is on the cards but the Super Kings still have plenty of room for improvement in both their bowling and their opening batsmen if they are to overcome the Royals here.
The Royals make their debut in this year’s tournament in the small ground at Sharjah and this one promises to be a high-scoring affair. Their preparations have been somewhat disrupted ahead of their opening game which is not ideal when facing such a well-drilled team like the Super Kings. MS Dhoni’s men will be keen to chase here and they will be comfortable chasing a large total, and the mindset of CSK continues to be their greatest asset. At no stage against the Indians were they phased by their fast start and even if they are up against it at any stage, there are no signs of panic. That will be the same here but with an improvement likely after their opening game, they should have enough quality to expose the under-strength Royals and get another win.