2020-21 Big Bash League – Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat Preview & Prediction
When is Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Tuesday 19th January, 2021 – 08:15 (UK)
Where is Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
Where can I get tickets for Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Perth Scorchers’ five-match winning streak was ended by reigning champions Sydney Sixers but the Scorchers will feel they blew a great opportunity to solidify their hopes of making the BBL|10 finals after making a tremendous start to that clash.
- Jason Roy and Liam Livingston made a rapid opening with the bat as they combined for 76 runs in just seven overs and even when Livingstone fell for 67 on 10.1 overs with the score at 103/2, the Scorchers still looked well-placed for a big score.
- However, Perth failed to build and the Sixers restricted them to just 163/7 with that huge swing in momentum proving pivotal as the in-form Josh Philippe smashed 84 to help condemn the Scorchers to a seven-wicket defeat.
- Brisbane Heat made an immediate response to losing their first game in four against Sydney Sixers in their previous contest as they proved to be too good for Melbourne Renegades last time out.
- The Heat had the Renegades in trouble at 36/3 and despite not completely building on that start by going for the throat, they still managed to limit their opponents to 149/6 which proved to be an achievable target to chase.
- Skipper Chris Lynn notched 50 to maintain his brilliant form and help his side to set the tone but it was another eye-catching knock from Joe Burns that ensured the win for the Heat as his effort of 31 from 15 ensured his side claimed the vital victory.
This shapes as an interesting and important clash between two teams desperate for the victory to maintain their push for a spot in the BBL|10 finals. Perth Scorchers lost for the first time in six matches last time out while Brisbane Heat have won four of their last five which sets this clash up nicely. Both are capable of hitting big totals and boast some in-form players with the likes of Jason Roy, Liam Livingston and Chris Lynn all going well of late. The Heat were also boosted by the inclusion of Morne Morkel last time out as he bolstered their options with the ball but they might fall short against the Scorchers’ excellent batting line-up, especially in the absence of Mujeeb Ur Rahman who could have caused some real problems turning the ball. With Jhye Richardson currently in possession of the Golden Arm with 19 wickets, Perth have the ability to do some damage with the ball too and while this could go either way, the Scorchers just have the edge here.