2019-20 Big Bash League – Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Preview & Prediction
When is Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Thursday 26th December, 2019 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Optus Stadium, Perth
What is the expected weather for Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers? 29c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What television channel is Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sydney Sixers beat Perth Scorchers by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Perth Scorchers lost their second match in their opening three games on Monday as they fell 15 runs short in a rain-affected run chase against Adelaide Strikers as the 198/4 they conceded from 18 overs proved too much for them.
- Their bowling attack continues to struggle and Joel Paris may lose his place in the side after going for 12 per over from the six overs he has bowled in the last two matches for just one wicket so they will be desperate for Matt Kelly to return to the side after illness ruled him out of the last two games.
- Despite the loss last time out, the form of Josh Inglis and Liam Livingstone at the top of the order was a big boost to the side and they will be confident on home turf where their only victory in BBL|09 has come so far at Optus Stadium.
- After the Sixers' opening victory over Perth Scorchers they have lost their last two matches, with the latest coming against Brisbane Heat as they came up against an inspired Chris Lynn who smashed 94 from 35 balls in the 48-run defeat for the Sixers.
- Their bowling is typically their strong suit but they suffered at the hands of Lynn last time including Tom Curran and the English bowler will be keen to bounce back here along with his colleagues who form a solid if underrated bowling attack as they hope to count on Steve O’Keefe here.
- Josh Phillips and James Vince have been the two batsmen who have started BBL|09 in good form but no other batsman has scored more than 38 total runs across the three games played so far so they need more players to step up and contribute if they are to break this two-match losing streak.
These two teams have already met this season and it was the Sydney Sixers who came away with an emphatic eight-wicket win so that will give them some confidence. They have, however, lost their last two games and desperately need to regain some form here. The Scorchers are struggling themselves and are hardly convincing so far as they too have just one win from three matches. Their bowling unit is missing some key figures and the Sixers have the clear edge there. They will have to make some improvement from the previous meeting to reverse the result and the Sixers are marginally favoured to replicate that win in what should be a closer game.