2020 MLB – Colorado Rockies @ San Diego Padres Preview & Prediction
When is Colorado Rockies @ San Diego Padres taking place? Thursday 26th March, 2020 – 21:10 (UK)
Where is Colorado Rockies @ San Diego Padres taking place? Petco Park
What is the expected weather for Colorado Rockies @ San Diego Padres? Mostly sunny, 23c
What television channel is Colorado Rockies @ San Diego Padres on? BT Sport 1 showcases MLB games in the UK so it would be useful to check their schedule
Where can I stream Colorado Rockies @ San Diego Padres? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Colorado Rockies @ San Diego Padres? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Colorado Rockies 10 – 5 San Diego Padres
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Rockies were one of the most disappointing teams in 2019 as they finished in fourth place of the NL West with a 71-91 record, an astonishing 35.0 games behind the Los Angeles Dodgers. Most of their struggles came on the road, where they ended last season with the second-worst away mark in the NL at 28-53.
- However, the Rockies have a strong team headlined by an impressive infield and solid names in the rotation, as well as Charlie Blackmon in the outfield. Colorado are a prime candidate for a bounce-back season and they should fight for a NL Wild Card berth.
- The Rockies didn’t make any major moves during the offseason and while Nolan Arenado was rumoured to leave the team, the star third baseman remains on the roster after they failed to find a trade partner to do business.
SAN DIEGO PADRES
- The Padres were aiming to build a contender in 2019 but the move backfired as despite having Manny Machado and a plethora of young, serviceable players, they ended dead last in the NL West with a 70-92 record.
- It would be a stretch to think San Diego are bound for a massive improvement in 2020 but they shouldn’t be ruled out of the NL Wild Card race. They have enough pieces to be a contender during the incoming season.
- San Diego made some interesting moves during the offseason. The most important one was signing Tommy Pham in a trade with the Tampa Bay Rays, while also adding Jurickson Profar on another trade and securing the services of Drew Pomeranz as a free agent.
The Padres and the Rockies were the two worst teams in the NL West during the 2019 season, but things should change at least in terms of record and expectations. The movements both franchises made during the offseason suggest that the Padres look considerably stronger when compared to their 2019 roster and they should be able to win in their home opener.