AT A GLANCE
When is West Indies vs England taking place? Wednesday, 23rd January, 14:00
Where is West Indies vs England taking place? Bridgetown, Barbados
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs England? Cloudy conditions are forecast throughout with temperatures of 22-24c expected and chances of rain on days four and five
What channel is West Indies vs England on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream West Indies vs England? West Indies vs England will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Are tickets still available for West Indies vs England? https://www.zoonga.com/venue/D...
England beat West Indies by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Jason Holder
- West Indies come into this series against England with relatively low confidence having won just two of their last 15 Test match series and they come off two whitewash defeats in India and Sri Lanka so they will be delighted to return home in preferred conditions.
- Skipper Jason Holder missed the tour of Bangladesh due to injury but returned to action early January for Barbados and he has been recalled to lead the side here which is key for them as he adds another good option with the bat for what is a relatively weak tail end otherwise.
- Veteran Darren Bravo has been recalled to the squad for this series having not featured for over two years but in many ways that highlights the lack of quality in the squad as other than Shai Hope, the batting has been incredibly fragile in recent times but their batsmen will be relishing the more favourable conditions just as their bowlers will after the spin-happy tracks in Asia.
Captain: Joe Root
- England come into this series after a spell in Asia themselves following their 3-0 whitewash of Sri Lanka and both recent form and the fact they have won seven of their last nine series against the West Indies will give them plenty of confidence as they head to the Caribbean.
- England did name an unchanged 16-man squad for this series though Olly Stone has since dropped out through injury and he has been replaced by Mark Wood and there has been excellent continuity with their selections in recent times.
- After selecting a spin trio of Adil Rashid, Jack Leach and Moeen Ali in Sri Lanka, the likelihood is that they will drop at least one of those and bring veteran Stuart Broad back in due to the conditions and he should be well rested after sitting out the series against Sri Lanka.
West Indies have been in abysmal form in recent times and it is hard to make a case for them in any Test series right now, although they are a different proposition at home. Their pace bowlers will relish the conditions here but England have typically enjoyed playing against them in recent years having won seven of the last nine series between the two. England’s batting is really the strength and decisive factor in this match and series, and they should be able to score at a quicker rate than this fragile West Indian line-up.