When is West Indies vs England taking place? Tuesday, 5th March, 20:00
Where is West Indies vs England taking place? Gros Islet, St Lucia
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs England? 24-26c with cloud and a small chance of rain in the evening
What channel is West Indies vs England on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream West Indies vs England? The match will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for West Indies vs England?
West Indies beat England by 21 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Jason Holder
- West Indies fought back in emphatic style in the final ODI match as they tore the England batting line-up apart to bowl them out for a paltry 113, and their batsmen knocked it off comfortably to tie the series and give them even more confidence coming into this three-match T20 series.
- They will bring talented youngster Nicholas Pooran into the side after he featured in just one of the ODI matches and they have high hopes for him as he has excelled in this particular format of the game.
- The other major inclusion in the side is Andre Russell and the talented all-rounder will be raring to go after enjoying a break from the Pakistan Super League and sitting on the sidelines during the ODI series ahead of this tournament. Russell is a major doubt and is now unexpected to play.
Captain: Eoin Morgan
- England let slip a 2-1 lead in the ODI series to draw 2-2 in the end as they fell apart in the fifth and final match by being bowled out for 113 to give selectors some concern in a World Cup year in that format, and they will look to bounce back here in the T20s.
- They have decided to rest some of their key players at the end of this long tour with Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler missing out as they will shortly be playing in the Indian Premier League and the selectors have decided to give them a break prior to that.
- The likes of Joe Denly, David Willey, Chris Jordan and Sam Billings are all expected to come into the side but the team does look to be a little light on firepower in terms of batting, although the bowling should be strong with Sam Curran joining his brother Tom after an excellent stint in the Big Bash.
Prior to this tour, many would have argued that the T20s were West Indies’ strongest format of the game and after winning the Test series and drawing the ODIs, that is ominous news for the tourists. England typically have a strong line-up for T20s but their decision to rest some key players like Buttler and Stokes leaves them a little light. West Indies are flying with confidence and they have the edge in power hitting. Although it should be another tight series, the hosts just about have the edge here and in the series.