AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 9th
August, 16:30 (UK)
Where? Blackfinch New Road
Weather? 19-20c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is it on? Worcestershire Rapids vs Derbyshire Falcons will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Worcestershire Rapids W6, Derbyshire Falcons W5, No Result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Kevin Sharp
Captain: Joe Leach
- The Rapids sit top of the North Group and they are looking in formidable form right now as have won their last three completed matches and look as dangerous as any team in the competition at present.
- The Rapids will likely be without Moeen Ali as he is a candidate to play for England in the second Test against India, although there is a chance that he will be released to play and travel home if Chris Woakes is the chosen man to replace Ben Stokes.
- Callum Ferguson is juts hitting form at the right time as demonstrated by his unbeaten 102 from 56 balls against Notts last time out and he has handed the club a major boost by committing himself to the club next season.
Coach: John Wright
Captain: Gary Wilson
- Derbyshire Falcons’ run to the top four was brought to a shuddering halt on Wednesday evening as they lost to the previously winless Northamptonshire Steelbacks and having played more games than most teams above them, their matches are becoming must-win games now.
- Billy Godleman shone in that match despite the defeat, hitting his highest t20 score of 77 but it was their bowling that surprisingly could not meet their recent form levels and their total was comfortably surpassed for the loss of just seven wickets.
- Despite the defeat, they will not make any knee-jerk reactions especially given how well their bowlers have played this season, although they may consider a change in the batting line-up.
This will be a fascinating match as Worcestershire Rapids are one of the form teams in the tournament and possess a strong batting line-up while they face the Falcons’ formidable bowling attack. That bowling quintet was poor on Wednesday night so they should be charged up to bounce back here and this is a make or break match for the Falcons. The Rapids have more margin for error, but that could see them relax and play a more controlled match. They are playing some great cricket right now with Ferguson on fire. They have to be favoured, but only if Moeen Ali is available as he is so key to their hopes.