AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 13thJuly, 19:00 (UK)
Where? The 1st Central County Ground
Weather? 21-22c with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Sussex Sharks vs Surrey will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Sussex Sharks W12, Surrey W14, No Result 2
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jason Gillespie
Captain: Luke Wright
- Sussex romped to victory on Thursday night against Hampshire as they were always in control of that match winning by eight wickets and ten balls to spare yet the feeling is they are still playing well within their capabilities.
- Their bowling attack continued to impress as they held Hampshire to 158/7 and that came against the likes of Munro, Vince, Rossouw and Northeast, so the likes of Archer, Rashid Khan and Jordan will aim to produce a similar effort here.
- Barring any unforeseen knocks to have come from the match with Hampshire, everything suggests that they will name an unchanged side for this game which is arguably their strongest.
Coach: Michael Di Venuto
Captain: Jade Dernbach
- Surrey finally found some form with the bat against Essex on Thursday night as they plundered 222/4 with half centuries for Finch and Foakes, and a stunning 48 from 20 balls from veteran Rikki Clarke who has excelled batting first.
- They cantered to victory as Essex could not keep up with the 11 run an over required run rate and that will give them a huge boost in confidence coming into this crunch clash with Sussex.
- The bowling department will still be something of a concern for them with Morne Morkel proving to be expensive in his three matches so far going for 134 runs from 12 overs at an economy rate of 11.16 so they need an improved performance here.
This promises to be an outstanding match between two of the best teams in the tournament. Surrey raised their game and finally produced a performance that they are capable of, but they need to do that against a top team like Sussex now. They have the better quality with the bat, but Sussex have an elite bowling unit that will likely raise their game for this one. With home advantage, it is hard to see Sussex losing to anybody right now, but Surrey should make this a competitive game. Another match that is too close to call.