AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 10th
August, 19:00 (UK)
Where? The 1st Central County Ground
Weather? 17-18c with a chance of rain affecting the game
What channel is it on? Sussex Sharks vs Kent Spitfires will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Sussex Sharks W9, Kent Spitfires W13, No Result 5
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jason Gillespie
Captain: Luke Wright
- The Sharks were frustrated on Thursday night after smashing 159/2 off just 13 overs only for the match against Surrey to be abandoned due to thunder and lightning, as they had their third match in ten games producing no result.
- There is a risk that tonight’s match will be rain affected but they will select from the same 14-man squad which will be fresh and the batsmen will have benefitted from some batting practise on Thursday and the bowlers will be rested.
- The match is expected to be sold out for what is essentially a must-win game for both sides, with big urgency on their part to get the win and narrow the gap to the top four with just four games remaining.
Coach: Matt Walker
Captain: Sam Billings
- The Spitfires sit two points above Sussex and currently hold a top four place but they too have had three matches abandoned this season and have been unable to really kick-start their season yet.
- They have been dealt an injury blow with Marcus Stoinis and Mitch Claydon both ruled out due to hamstring and groin injuries respectively so that may see batsman Zak Crawley and bowler Grant Stewart potentially make their T20 debuts.
- Their batting has been relatively poor in their last two matches so that is one area they will be looking to improve although that will be difficult against Sussex’s outstanding bowling attack.
This has all the hallmarks of a classic as long as the rain does not interrupt play. Sussex were flying on Thursday night until the rain came, and that will give them confidence. Their batting has shown more signs of firing than Kent’s has, while their bowling unit is superb so that gives them the edge here. Much depends on the weather and how that will impact things so it is worth seeing whether the number of overs is affected, but Sussex are favoured if this does go the distance.