AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 27thJuly, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The Kia Oval
Weather? 25-27c with 40% chance of showers in the afternoon
What channel is it on? Surrey vs Somerset will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Surrey W8, Somerset W3, No Result 2
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Michael Di Venuto
Captain: Jade Dernbach
- Surrey have just five points from their opening five matches of the t20 Blast so far this season but those have come from their last three matches in which they have scored 222/4, 192/3 and 250/6 as their batting is firing on all cylinders right now.
- After missing all five matches so far, they are able to call upon England stars Jason Roy and Sam Curran for this match and that strengthens the team notably with both bat and ball for this visit of Somerset.
- The club have also announced the signing of Lian Plunkett from Yorkshire on a three-year contract but he will not join until next season though it will boost the club as another big name signing.
Coach: Jason Kerr
Captain: Lewis Gregory
- Somerset have been ticking along quite nicely so far having won three of their opening five matches, but they will face a tough test against an in-form Surrey batting line-up here.
- The club have signed West Indian paceman Jerome Taylor and he arrived in England this week before being thrown straight into the squad for this match which means he could make his first appearance on Friday.
- Skipper Lewis Gregory is fit again after a knock and will play, and it is unlikely their will be many changes to the starting line-up after some strong all-round performances in their last two matches.
Surrey have a dominant head-to-head record against Somerset and they will be confident of keeping that going based on recent form. They are just beginning to click at the moment and with Roy and Sam Curran called up for the first time, they will only get stronger. Somerset are somewhat underrated in fairness and will compete hard with both bat and ball, but Surrey are firing right now and have to be favoured.