AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 31stJuly, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The Kia Oval
Weather? 22-24c with sunshine expected all day
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Surrey W3, Glamorgan W7, No Result 2
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Michael Di Venuto
Captain: Jade Dernbach
- Surrey have won their last three completed matches in the t20 Blast and that is in no small part thanks to the form of Aussie opener Aaron Finch who has been on the rampage smashing 315 runs in just four innings so far.
- Despite three wins and an abandoned game in the last four matches, Surrey still sit outside the top four so the pressure is on them to keep this excellent run of form going as they come into this clash with Glamorgan.
- There is just the one changes to the squad compared to their last match as Sam Curran is unavailable due to England duty so South African paceman Morne Morkel comes into the squad for this televised game.
Coach: Robert Croft
Captain: Colin Ingram
- Glamorgan sit in 6th spot in the South Group with just two wins from six matches so they too are under pressure to get a win at a venue where they have won their last five T20 matches.
- They have to do without Aussie big-hitter Joe Burns due to a back injury although he has yet to fire so far scoring just six runs from his two innings and it is Nick Selman who will come into the 13-man squad for him.
- Glamorgan have lost their two matches in the t20 Blast along with a hammering in the County Championship to Sussex so they have to bounce back quickly if they are to somehow rescue their season.
These two teams are going in different directions right now as Surrey are flying while their Welsh opponents are struggling badly for form. Glamorgan have an excellent record at The Oval in T20 matches having won their last 5 games there, but it is difficult to see how they get the win here. Unless one or two of their batsmen can really lift their game and play a big innings, Surrey just have too much quality all-round. With Finch and Roy opening, they have the ability to blow this Glamorgan team away and their bowling attack and quell their average batting line-up.