AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 4th
August, 19:00 (UK)
Where? Trent Bridge
Weather? 24-26c with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Nottinghamshire Outlaws W8, Worcestershire Rapids W3, No Result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Peter Moores
Captain: Dan Christian
- Nottinghamshire managed to win on Friday night against an in-form Derbyshire Falcons side to remain in the race for the top four places thanks largely to Ish Sodhi’s outstanding bowling and figures of 4/17 as they won by nine runs.
- They have struggled for consistency in the tournament recently but will be hoping to string together back-to-back wins here which could well mean Peter Moores names an unchanged side from Friday’s win.
- Sodhi and Gurney continue to be key to their hopes having taken 15 and 13 wickets respectively so far while top runscorer and skipper Dan Christian will hope more of his batsmen can contribute as was the case on Friday.
Coach: Kevin Sharp
Captain: Joe Leach
- The Rapids were struggling for long spells of the top of the table match with Durham on Friday night but they pulled the win out of nowhere thanks to Ross Whiteley’s 60 from 26 balls to chase down Durham’s 194/7.
- With Moeen Ali and Callum Ferguson back in the side on Friday night as well as Wayne Parnell’s debut since arriving in England to join them, they look much stronger in both batting and bowling units right now.
- They sit top of the North Group but know that they cannot get complacent as their opponents here sit just three points behind them in fifth spot in what is a competitive North group.
Both of these teams are competing hard in the top half of the North Group and there is plenty on the line here. Worcestershire are topping the group but three points separate the top six teams so they cannot rest on their laurels. The Outlaws scraped past Derbyshire on Friday night but they have not been overly convincing with their batting overall. That may be the decisive factor here as unless they can improve and perform at their best, this Rapids’ batting line-up may have too much depth and firepower to keep up with.