AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 27thJuly, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The County Ground
Weather? 25-26c with a small chance of showers in the evening
What channel is it on? Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Worcestershire Rapids will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Northamptonshire Steelbacks W13, Worcestershire Rapids W12, No Result 3
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: David Ripley
Captain: Alex Wakely
- Northants avoided a sixth successive defeat last time out against Birmingham Bears but it felt like a defeat given the fact they could not successfully defend a total of 231/5 an the Bears managed to tie the game.
- Their bowling attack once again proved to be arguably the worst in the tournament and they have just two bowlers who have an economy rate of less than ten which is pretty astounding.
- Their poor confidence will not be helped by the defeat to Derbyshire in the County Championship last time out but Alex Wakely’s form in that match where he hit 106 and 68 will give him a lift at least.
Coach: Kevin Sharp
Captain: Brett D’Oliveira
- After winning their first four matches, the Rapids have bombed in their last two matches losing to Yorkshire and then miserably to Durham last time out when they were bowled out for a meagre 121.
- Complacency had arguably crept into the last performance at least so they will have been handed a wake-up call after that loss and Kevin Sharp will be demanding a response and victory here but they are likely without Moeen Ali once again.
- Wicketkeeper Ben Cox faces a fitness test ahead of the match due to a rib injury so his replacement Alex Milton is on standby to come into the side for him if he is forced to miss out.
Worcestershire Rapids started the season on fire but have shown a fragility in their last two matches. They will be highly motivated to bounce back here after a short break, and the Steelbacks and their awful bowling attack will be a welcome opponent for them to recover against. Northants have shown some fight and battle but while their batsmen are trying hard to compete in matches, their bowling attack is showing no sign of being able to slow down or bowl out any batting line-up. The Rapids should get back to winning ways here.