AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 5thJuly, 18:15 (UK)
Where? Lord's Cricket Ground
Weather? Temperatures of 28c expected
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Middlesex W9, Surrey W19
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Daniel Vettori
Captain: Dawid Malan
- Middlesex kick off the 2018 Vitality Blast campaign with a London derby and they will be looking to replicate the performance and victory that they picked up against rivals Surrey last year.
- Dawid Malan is available after carrying the drinks in the England match on Tuesday and he will skipper the side while Windies star Dwayne Bravo and Aussie Hilton Cartwright will be their overseas’ stars.
- Big name signing Ashton Agar remains on international duty while they are dealt a blow by the loss of Steven Finn who is struggling with a bruised knee so he misses out as they will likely rely on some part-time spin bowling from Malan and Stirling.
Coach: Michael Di Venuto
Captain: Jade Dernbach
- Plenty of expectation within the Surrey squad this season coming into the t20 Blast and they possess one of the most experienced squads in the tournament.
- They have received a major boost as Sam Curran has been released from England duty to play here so he will feature and that enhances an already strong bowling attack that can count on Dernbach, Batty, and Morne Morkel.
- 17-year-old wicket keeper Jamie Smith has been called into the squad for the first time and he could make his debut along with Will Jacks, Ryan Patel, Freddie van den Bergh and Morkel.
There is very little choose between these two sides who both possess plenty of talent in their squads. The edge here goes to Surrey who have the better bowling options and the experience and savvy among their bowling attack is impressive. Middlesex may edge the batting but the difference in quality from a bowling perspective weighs heavily in Surrey’s favour and may be the deciding factor.