AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 19thJuly, 18:15 (UK)
Where? Lord's Cricket Ground
Weather? Weather here
What channel is it on? 24-26c and cloudy
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Middlesex W3, Somerset W7, No Result 1, Tie 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Daniel Vettori
Captain: Eoin Morgan
- Middlesex started their t20 Blast campaign with an excellent win over rivals Surrey but they have since lost their next two matches to Essex and Gloucestershire, and they desperately need to bounce back with a win and move up the South Group.
- Dawid Malan and Nick Gubbins are both on duty with the England Lions team but they are massively boosted by the return of Eoin Morgan after England duty and he will give a much-needed lift to the batting line-up.
- Another significant change is the inclusion of Aussie all-rounder Ashton Agar who is available after international duty and he replaces Hilton Cartwright who departs, while Steven Finn is also available after injury for his first t20 match of the season.
Coach: Jason Kerr
Captain: Lewis Gregory
- Somerset have a strong record against Middlesex and won both matches against them last season, and find themselves in a similar situation in the South Group to their opponents here with one win from their first three matches.
- They remain without the injured Tim Groenewald while Jack Leach and Dom Bess are unavailable as they are on England Lions duty but they are expected to go with a similar line-up to that which lost to Gloucestershire last time out.
- Both of the Overton brothers are fit and available, but coach Jason Kerr will be looking for an improvement from his bowling unit against a strong looking Middlesex batting order at Lords.
Both of these teams are under pressure to win this match as they sit with just a solitary win each from their opening three matches and competition above them is tight. Similar to Surrey, Middlesex are boosted by the availability of some key players like Morgan, Agar and Finn, which should almost see their season start here psychologically. That trio will have to hit the ground running, but they are against a Somerset side whose bowling is relatively average, and their batting can fire when they are on their game. Morgan will be keen to win the toss and chase which will be key, but the home side are favoured in this one.