AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 18thJuly, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The Fischer County Ground
Weather? 22-24c with sun expected all evening
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Leicestershire Foxes W8, Lancashire Lightning W16, No Result 2
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Paul Nixon
Captain: Colin Ackermann
- The Foxes have won two and lost two matches so far in the t20 Blast but they know that a win here against the Lightning will put them level on points and move them into the cluster that would see five teams all six points behind North Group leaders Worcestershire.
- They come off their best performance of the season so far as they hammered Birmingham Bears by 100 runs as Ben Raine hit the second fastest century in T20 competition by an Englishman (41 balls) as he set his side on the way to a formidable 229/5.
- They also produced an excellent bowling performance too with spin duo Nabi and Parkinson sharing six wickets as all the units of their team are currently firing, so it is no surprise they are unchanged for this crunch game.
Coach: Glen Chapple
Captain: Liam Livingstone
- The Lightning currently sit second in the North Group thanks to their excellent net run rate, but they know there is plenty of pressure on them in a congested group to extend this winning streak that currently sits at three.
- Following on from the win against the Derbyshire Falcons at the weekend, head coach Glen Chapple has named an unchanged squad once again as they look to continue to build further momentum.
- The batting trio of Livingstone, Davies and Jennings is playing well, while they will look to the likes of Lester and Parkinson to produce a similar bowling performance like the Falcons game, with Parkinson aiming to outdo his brother who he faces his here.
This match promises to be quite a high scoring game based on recent form of the two teams. Leicestershire’s batting is frightening at the moment as Ben Raine is showing them what they missed during his spell out injured last season, and they have plenty more contributors. Lancashire have plenty of quality themselves and are riding a three-match winning run at present, but they may have their hands full here. The Foxes have good momentum along with home advantage, and have to be slightly favoured in what should be an extremely tight game.