AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 7th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Emirates Old Trafford
Weather? 19-20c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Lancashire Lightning W18, Durham Jets W6, No Result 3, Tie 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Glen Chapple
Captain: Dane Vilas
- Lancashire have not won any of their last three t20 Blast matches as they have lost two and one was abandoned which has seen them slip from top spot in the North Group to fourth place now.
- Injuries and international call-ups continue to affect them badly as they are still without Livingstone, Buttler and Jennings and that is increasing the reliance on Alex Davies who continues to star with the bat.
- Afghanistan spinner Zahir Khan has been called up to the 14-man squad as he has joined the club until the end of the season while Jordan Clark is fit again after a hamstring problem so that gives coach Glen Chappell more options.
Coach: Jon Lewis
Captain: Tom Latham
- Durham Jets’ five-match winning run came to an end at the weekend as despite Latham’s 78 and McCarthy’s 4/31 with the ball, the Rapids managed to surpass their total of 194/7 but they remain second in the North Group.
- Coach Jon Lewis will not be disheartened from that game and will not make any kneejerk reactions or changes from the loss so there is every chance that they go unchanged for the trip to Old Trafford which means they remain without star spinner Imran Tahir.
- Any changes being considered are most likely to be in the bowling department as the likes of Rushworth and Rimmington were extremely expensive and they may decide to rest one of them here while Collingwood will likely return.
Form is certainly in Durham’s favour although they are coming off a loss. They have been unfancied and underrated all season but have won six of their nine matches so far and are producing the goods in all facets of the game. Lancashire are struggling due to their absentees and they run the risk of dropping out of the top four right now with teams chasing them hard. This will be a competitive match and with plenty of urgency for the hosts, they should raise their game here. Durham have been written off all season however and they should not be underestimated with Tom Latham in stunning form. The absence of Tahir however could be decisive.