AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 9th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Bristol County Ground
Weather? 21-22c and sunshine expected all day
What channel is it on? Gloucestershire vs Middlesex will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Gloucestershire W10, Middlesex W1, No result 1, Tie 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Richard Dawson
Captain: Michael Klinger
- Gloucestershire have won three of their last four t20 Blast matches and skipper Michael Klinger is targeting three wins from their remaining five which will be played in the next nine days to ensure a play-off spot.
- They have no new injury concerns but they welcome back Jack Taylor and Tom Smith to the 13-man squad and they will come into contention to add competition to the eleven that beat Kent on Sunday.
- Gloucestershire have the lowest net run rate of any team in the top five of the South Group so that is one area they will aim to improve if possible but they just need to keep winning matches for now.
Coach: Daniel Vettori
Captain: Dawid Malan
- Following their loss to Glamorgan on Sunday, Middlesex cannot now mathematically qualify for the knockout phase so their campaign has come to a disappointing end with four matches still to play.
- They are without Nick Gubbins and Tom Helm for this game but they benefit from Dawid Malan being dropped by England and the skipper will return to lead the side and add some more quality to their batting line-up.
- Their bowling has let them down at times this season and it is hard to see that improving too much, but their best performances have come when the batting line-up has fired, and Stirling, Morgan and Malan may just raise their game now the pressure is off.
This match has a similar feel to it as the Derbyshire/Northamptonshire match on Wednesday where only one team has anything to play for but the struggling side can play without pressure now having been eliminated. Gloucestershire have been impressive in recent weeks with Andrew Tye showing why he is the best T20 bowler in the world, and everybody contributing throughout the team. Middlesex on the other hand have disappointed with too many big names like Morgan and Finn not producing the goods. Gloucestershire have to be favoured, but be wary of Middlesex with the pressure off them.