AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 20thJuly, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Sophia Gardens Cardiff
Weather? 19-20c expected with cloud but rain is unlikely
What channel is it on? Glamorgan vs Somerset will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Glamorgan W13 Somerset W11, No Result 4
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Robert Croft
Captain: Colin Ingram
- Glamorgan have only played three matches so far in the t20 Blast so they will be looking to start building some momentum after what has been a relatively bright start with two wins already under their belts.
- Chris Cooke was the hero last time out against Essex as he hit an unbeaten 60 from 29 balls to win the match on the last ball, but that salvaged them from a difficult position after some poor batting by the rest of the middle order.
- David Lloyd is out of action with a troublesome finger problem but they are boosted by the arrival of Aussie Joe Burns and he has been named in the 13-man squad and the dynamic batsman will add even greater threat in the middle order.
Coach: Jason Kerr
Captain: Lewis Gregory
- Somerset picked up an invaluable win at Lords against Middlesex on Thursday night as Waller and Van der Merwe shone with the ball and Myburgh and Anderson enjoyed excellent knocks with the bat to chase down 175/5 with two overs to spare.
- Despite that win, they still have plenty of scope for improvement with the ball especially and captain Lewis Gregory will be hoping for more from this bowling attack with both himself and Craig Overton being hit for 96 runs from their eight overs combined.
- Gregory handed the club a major boost on Thursday prior to the win over Middlesex by signing a new three-year contract, and they will look to now continue their move up the South Group standings.
Glamorgan will be buoyed by the arrival of Joe Burns which strengthens an already strong batting line-up, but they may be a little off the pace. As was the case with Middlesex last night, they have not played many matches so far and that may affect their rhythm so that is a cautionary note. Somerset on the other hand come into this with plenty of momentum and they will be highly motivated here. While Glamorgan may have the edge in quality on paper, Somerset have the form and momentum. Tough match to call here but a slight preference to the hosts if they start well and look sharp.