AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 20thJuly, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Emirates Riverside
Weather? Rain showers earlier in the day which could delay the start, but play should be possible with 17c expected
What channel is it on? Durham Jets vs Worcestershire Rapids will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Durham Jets W4 Worcestershire Rapids W5, No Result 3
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jon Lewis
Captain: Tom Latham
- Durham have been one of the revelations of the t20 Blast so far as they have pulled off a couple of excellent wins on their travels against the Outlaws and the Bears in their last two matches, and have been in good form barring two losses to Yorkshire.
- They are boosted by the return of Ben Stokes for this match after England duty and he comes in to replace veteran all-rounder Paul Collingwood who misses out here due to a sore Achilles.
- Stokes hit an unbeaten 90 in the one t20 Blast match he played earlier in the season against Yorkshire and they will need more of that here and he will likely be asked to bowl also, as they look to him and in-form skipper Tom Latham for inspiration.
Coach: Kevin Sharp
Captain: Joe Leach
- The Rapids will look to continue their strong start to the t20 Blast season but they will have to overcome their first loss as they come off a 12-run defeat at the hands of the Yorkshire Vikings last time out.
- Their batting line-up let them down for the first time of the season in that match as the top five batsmen were back in the changing room with just 58 on the board, but that was likely nothing more than a blip for one of the best batting line-ups in the tournament.
- The club have moved to sign Wayne Parnell as a replacement for Travis Head who has been called up to join the Australia A team later in the summer, but they have Head for the next few matches and will expect him to produce the goods.
Durham are enjoying an excellent t20 Blast campaign to date having won 3 of their 5 matches so far and have pulled off some shock wins against the likes of the Outlaws and Bears. This will be another tough test for them, but they are boosted by the return of Ben Stokes. The Rapids lost last time out but have been one of the best teams in the opening rounds to date. Their batting line-up is formidable and that should be the differentiator here as they are favoured to win this and get back to winning ways.