AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 17th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Emirates Riverside
Weather? 15-16c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is it on? Durham Jets vs Derbyshire Falcons will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Durham Jets W10, Derbyshire Falcons W7, No Result 4
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jon Lewis
Captain: Tom Latham
- Durham have a home tie in the quarter-finals already sealed but they will be desperate to bounce back from their embarrassing defeat last time out to Lancashire where they lost by 65 runs after being bowled out for a mere 78 – their lowest ever T20 score.
- Axar Patel & Alex Lees joined up with their new team-mates this week ahead of the County Championship match at Glamorgan, but neither are eligible to play in the t20 Blast, while the club have also announced the signing of Aussie Cameron Bancroft for 2019.
- They have named a strong squad for this final group stage match with Mark Wood available and likely to play, and they have spoken about the importance of winning this final game in front of their fans.
Coach: John Wright
Captain: Gary Wilson
- The Falcons' hopes of making a late play-off push have been spoiled by an abandonment and two losses in their last three fixtures as they ultimately paid the price for a poor start to the t20 Blast season.
- Blackcaps batsmen Henry Nicholls was frustrated last time out when making his debut as the match was abandoned before he could get to the crease so he will be looking to get some time in the middle and contribute.
- They have named an unchanged 14-man squad for this match, and it may well be the same starting team that was named against Leicestershire as they aim to end their T20 season on a positive note.
Nothing to play for either side here as the Jets have a home match in the quarter-finals already and the Falcons cannot reach the top four now. The hosts will likely have the edge in motivation to keep their intensity levels high although there is a chance that they will ease off the gas to preserve themselves. It would not be a surprise if one of their fast bowlers was held back too, although they will want to keep momentum going. Tough match to predict given the lack of motivation and anything concrete to play for.