AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 28thJuly, 14:30 (UK)
Where? Queen's Park
Weather? 19-20c and a risk of showers all day that may interrupt play
What channel is it on? Derbyshire Falcons vs Yorkshire Vikings will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Derbyshire Falcons W8, Yorkshire Vikings W16, No Result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: John Wright
Captain: Gary Wilson
- The Falcons are giving themselves a fighting chance of salvaging their t20 Blast campaign by winning their last two matches after opening the tournament with four defeats on the spin, and the win over Leicestershire Foxes on Friday night will especially boost their confidence.
- For the first time in six matches, they did not have to rely on Madsen and MacLeod with the bat as Godleman opened the batting with 57 not out and Dal, Viljoen and Wilson guided them to a comfortable victory with solid contributions.
- It is their bowling however that remains their major strength and Ferguson, Wahab Riaz and Rampaul were in good form once again versus the Foxes, and they will be key against this outstanding Yorkshire batting line-up.
Coach: Andrew Gale
Captain: Gary Ballance
- The Vikings bounced back from their Roses defeat last week by hammering the Birmingham Bears on Friday night as their dominant batting saw them comfortably win by 31 runs on the D/L method in a game in which they were always in control.
- It is difficult to see Yorkshire making any changes to their team following such an impressive display and they should be able to count upon Adil Rashid once again before he leaves for England test duty.
- Tom Kohler-Cadmore was in stunning form on Friday night although there were significant contributions from Adam Lyth and Kane Williamson as their batting line-up is now shaping up as one of the best in the competition.
Derbyshire Falcons are doing their best to turn their season around right now as their batting is finally catching up with their strong bowling unit and helping them to get results. They have won their last two matches now and their confidence is returning. They welcome an impressive Yorkshire team who are flying right now, especially with the bat. They took advantage of some poor bowling by the Bears on Friday night and this will provide them with a much tougher test against Ferguson and company. That said, their line-up is so powerful, they will still be able to post a solid enough score, and it will be tough for Derbyshire despite their new-found confidence, to match them here.