AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 17th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Weather? 17c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is it on? Birmingham Bears vs Worcestershire Rapids will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Birmingham Bears W15, Worcestershire Rapids W11, No Result 2
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jim Troughton
Captain: Grant Elliott
- Following Yorkshire’s win on Thursday night, the Bears need a miracle to qualify now as they are relying on Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire playing out a tie or seeing their match abandoned to allow the Bears a chance of winning and qualifying on net run rate.
- The Bears played their part on Wednesday night by comprehensively beating the Lancashire Lightning and it was their bowling unit that won them the game by bowling out their visitors for just 102 which they knocked off with ease.
- It seems highly unlikely that Troughton and Elliott will make changes following that superb performance, and they will be extra motivated against a local rival to end their t20 blast campaign with a win regardless of the unlikely probability of qualifying.
Coach: Kevin Sharp
Captain: Moeen Ali
- The Rapids have lost their last two matches but they have qualified with relative ease and now they need a win, tie or abandonment to leapfrog Lancashire and claim a home tie in the quarter-finals.
- Moeen Ali was expected to be absent once again due to international duty but he has been released by England to join up with the team as stand-in skipper Brett D’Oliveira faces a late fitness test on a badly bruised finger which he sustained in a second eleven match this week.
- Luke Wood was unavailable to face Nottinghamshire last time out as he is on loan from the Outlaws, but he returns to the squad here and will likely play in a match that the Rapids will be keen to win and take some form into the quarter-final stage.
The Bears have a marginal chance of progressing but need to win and hope for a washout in the Yorkshire and Notts match. They picked up a good win in midweek against Lancs, but this will be a step up against a motivated local rival. The Rapids have eased up in their last couple of matches and they have to raise their game. Form is with the Bears, but the Rapids have the edge in quality overall and they could upset the Bears here who may have half an eye on the other match.