AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 9th
August, 19:00 (UK)
Weather? 18-19c and sunshine all day forecast
What channel is it on? Birmingham Bears vs Nottinghamshire Outlaws will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Birmingham Bears W6, Nottinghamshire Outlaws W8
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jim Troughton
Captain: Grant Elliott
- The Bears sit a couple of points outside the top four but with just four games remaining now, they simply have to string together at least three wins from those games and starting here against Notts who are a point ahead of them.
- The participation of Chris Woakes is uncertain as he is vying with Moeen Ali to replace Ben Stokes for England to face India in the second test so there is a chance he will be released to play here if not selected.
- The club have announced the signing of Gloucestershire fast bowler Liam Norwell for the next three seasons and he will join at the end of the season to bolster their options and that provides a big boost to the club.
Coach: Peter Moores
Captain: Dan Christian
- This match is the first of three in the next four days representing a hectic schedule for the Outlaws but one that gives them a chance to make progress up the North Group and into the play-off places with a win here.
- Their batting line-up is boosted by the return of Alex Hales to the squad but his return on Friday against Worcestershire did not help that much as they were bowled out for 134, but they will look to improve notably there.
- Jake Ball will miss the next couple of t20 Blast matches however as he has a side strain that is troubling him so that will weaken their bowling attack that has been vulnerable in recent matches.
This match could be something of a shootout as both teams need to win to remain in contention with the top four. Neither team has managed to find much consistency in the tournament so far which makes this match particularly hard to predict. So much will depend on which batting line-up fires and the Bears arguably have the edge in form there and are narrowly favoured but this is one to sit back and enjoy.