AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 13thJuly, 19:00 (UK)
Weather? 22-23c with a 30% chance of rain during the match
What channel is it on? Birmingham Bears vs Leicestershire Foxes will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Birmingham Bears W8, Leicestershire Foxes W4, No result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jim Troughton
Captain: Grant Elliott
- The Bears have won two and lost one of their opening three matches but their batting has been outstanding in all three matches as they hit 188/9 in the one game in which they batted first and lost, but chased down 155/7 and 157/7 with 2.4 and 4.1 overs remaining respectively.
- Opener Ed Pollock continues to grab the headlines after another ferocious start to the innings in the win against Yorkshire last time out where he walloped 26 off the first over and he has a strike rate of 285 so far.
- Ian Bell and Sam Hain have started in prolific form with 132 and 121 runs respectively as the Bears are looking formidable with the bat and are likely to go unchanged for this match against the Foxes.
Coach: Paul Nixon
Captain: Colin Ackermann
- The Foxes have not made the best of starts to their t20 Blast campaign as they have only won one of their first three matches so there is some pressure on them to get a win here and stay in contention in the top half of the table.
- Other than the abysmal loss to Durham where they were bowled out for 120, they have performed well with the bat hitting 219 and 180 against Northamptonshire and Nottinghamshire, but they need more contributions outside of Ackermann and Dexter.
- It is a similar case with the ball too as Abbas, Chappell and Nabi have bowled well so far but they desperately need their fourth and fifth support bowlers to step up to the plate now in a match where they may go unchanged.
The Bears have started the season in good form which is not the case for the Foxes who have shown glimpses of their quality, but not been able to put together string together an all-round strong performance. They have the ability, but they need more contributions spread across the team, which has largely been the case for the Bears. They have the edge in form, but do not rule out the Foxes raising their game here. This one is too tough to call and could go either way.